This recipe, I used to have in my childhood days, as my grandma and mom will make on the day whenever they cook raw banana!
This will be my entry for the JFI event of this month, started by Indira of Mahanandi and hosted by Mandira of Agaar !!http://ahaar.blogspot.com/2007/09/jfibanana.html.
- Skin of raw banana (from 2 bananas)
- Gram flour --- 2 - 3 tblsp
- Rice flour ---- 1/2 tblsp
- Red chilli powder --- 1 tsp
- Jeera ---- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds --- 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt ---- as needed
- Water -- as needed
- Oil for frying
- Slice the skin of the plantain as shown in the picture.
- Keep immersed in water and wash properly.
- Again wash it in the water that has been drained by washing the rice you are cooking.( if no also,no problem. wash again in ordinary water)
- That second time washing will remove the stickiness of the skin.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Add the flours and other ingredients except oil and mix well to coat the skins.(I used bajji mix available at stores)
- Heat enough oil to deep fry this, and fry just like we fry for the other kind of pakoras.
- That is add the mixture in a sprinkled way to oil and fry till golden brown.
- This will be soft inside and crispy outside.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment in lunch !!