This is a recipe, I learnt from my mother-in-law,and she learnt it from a TV show. This is a favorite dish for all our family members.And who ever guests,coming for lunch,and if I want to impress them,I will surely make this and they too have liked this...so far...And purple cabbage and macaroni gives a nice volume,so really helps you out if you are cooking for more people!. Give it a try and you all too will sure like it, I hope!!
|Purple Cabbage||1 cup Chopped finely|
|Macaroni||1 fist full (or more also,as per wish)|
|Green chillies||3-4 nos.|
|Oil||1 tsp for cooking macaroni|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Chop cabbage, boil it adding salt and once get cooked strain and keep a side.(or steam cook)
- Boil macaroni in water with a tsp of oil added to it and cook for 8 minutes(or till done).Strain the macaroni once done and keep aside.You can also soak the macaroni for an hour in water (hot or plain water) and just drain it and add it to the poriyal lastly.
- Chop onion,green chilli ,grate coconut and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard,urad dal followed by curry leaves.
- Add onion,green chillies fry till onion turns transparent.Then add cabbage and fry for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add macaroni,mix well and then coconut and fry for a minute.
- Transfer to the serving dish,enjoy as an accompaniment for rice!!