Chow chow curry recipe
- Chow chow -- 1 Big sized
- Onion -- 1 no.
- Garlic -- 10 no.(small)
- Curry leaves -- 1 spring
- Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tsp
- Salt -- as needed
- Oil -- 2 tsp
To grind(roast) ( You can skip this by replacing this besan flour 1 tsp )
- Channa dal -- 1 tblsp
- Red chilies -- 4 nos.
- Fennel seeds/soambu -- 1/4 tsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1tsp
- Channa dal - 1tsp
- Peel and cut chow chow to medium sized pieces and chop onion and garlic finely.
- Heat a kadai and roast channa dal and red chillies with little oil to golden brown . You can skip this and replace with besan flour/kadala maavu.
- Cool down and grind it with fennel seeds to a fine powder.
- Add oil in the hot kadai and add the tempering items followed by curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Then add chow chow and fry for 2 minutes with salt in medium flame.
- Add turmeric,garlic, enough water and cook for 4 - 5 minutes covered or till done
- Water will be reduced by this time to very little and then lastly add the ground powder/besan-kadala mavu and stir well, stir fry for 2 minutes.