We get this baby corn golden fries in anandha bavan restaurant here in Singapore with this name...:)) Also we get it in hot chips restaurant, tastes great! This is nothing but our usual Baby corn Bajji. But I think in restaurants, the flour is different and also they add Ginger garlic paste … But I make it simple like this. Aj’s favourite snack…
Baby corn -- 10 nos.
Gram flour/besan flour – 1/4 cup
Rice flour -- 1/4 cup(or can even reduce a bit)
Asafetida -- 3 pinches
Chili powder -- 1/2 to 1 tsp
sodium bi carb /cooking soda --1 generous pinch
Jeera (Optional) --1/2 tsp
salt --as needed
Oil for deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients with required water,(except baby corn and oil),to a Idly/dosa batter consistency.Keep aside.
- Cut Baby corns into four in length wise Heat oil in a deep frying pan and wen oil is hot enough,dip the baby corn slices in the batter and put it in oil for deep frying...
- Fry till golden colour and enjoy hot with Chili or tomato sauce.!! You can sprinkle chaat masala over it and have it. Tastes great!
FANTASTIC FOUR MEME!!
This is the first time I am tagged by a blogger friend for MEME...Thanx for tagging me Remya...and giving an opportunity to share all these with you people...!!
(theONLY)4 places I have lived
- Salem(Tamil Nadu,India) - With my parents in my own home,where I did my schooling....
- Trichy(Tamil Nadu,India) - Where I did my Higher studies after schooling....(DECE)
- Chennai(Tamil Nadu,India) - After marriage,for a year with my loving hubby and In-laws..:)
- Now in Singapore!!
4 jobs(?) I had and having..
- As a troublesome daughter for my parents,and a nightmare for my (elder) brother;D,always kept fighting with him...poor brother and silly me...:D(But he is always nice & lovely to me still now...)...and as A student ofcourse...Always (DAY)dreaming to get to a higher standard in learning!!
- As a (IR)responsible? daughter(-in-law)..in my own Uncle's sweet Family and Sister(in-law) to my (clever) Brother in laws;D..
- As a cute and lovely (?) wife to my ever caring and loving Husband(love devil...shhh..dont tell him)...since 2003...
- As an amma to my 3 1/2 year old boy (kutty devil)...;D
4 places I have holidayed
- Agra -Taj mahal...a must see b4 die place...according to me ....and Kulu,Manali...a beautiful hill station covered with white snow...(when u visit in season)
- Hongkong.....Wow with Disneyland,a great and lovely night scene ..its really an treat for childrens and for us too..!!
- Bintan islands - Indonesia Again a nice place to relax or for water sports...
- Langkawi - Malaysian Island - the place we recently holidayed....Cool place ....
4 Favourite foods
- Whichever food thats not cooked by me....I like to eat and enjoy if somebody cooks and gives me in hand..;D
- My Mother's each and every dish she make...especially Adai .....(with mixed dhal and rice....) and her evening snack items...
- Chaat items...I love them a lottt!!and all north indian cusine...:)
- Noodles....I love them a lot to have in restaurants...
4 places I would rather be
- I am always happy and comfortable here where i am now,with my loving hubby and my son.!!!
- Wherever...the place,I would like to be with my parents..(everybody will love this)
- Switzerland.....(whats there to just dream to be there...;D,may be one day the dream comes true...)
4 persons I like to tag
If they are interested....;)