- Yellow pumpkin -- 2 cups
- Tamarind -- small gooseberry sized(lesser than we use for sambar)
- Onion -- 1, big in size
- Green chillies -- 6-7 nos.
- Curry leaves -- as you need
- Pressure cook pumpkin to 3 whistles,and mash it without to smooth paste with potato masher.(You can also run it in mixer after cooling )
- Cut onions into squares and slit the chillies.
- Soak and extract the tamarind juice.
6. Heat kadai and add the tempering items followed by green chillies,curry leaves and onion.
7. Saute till onion becomes transparent.You can add asafoetida at this stage too..
8.Add tamarind extract,salt and bring to boil.
9.Add the cooked mashed pumpkin and mix well.
10. Boil for some 5-6 minutes and serve hot with Rice.!!