This recipe is easy to prepare and healthier too..To sprout the green gram,soak it for some 10 hours and then drain it in a pure muslin cloth,tie it and keep it hanged for a day.Sprinkle a little water in between and you can get sprouts for this rice!
Now a days we can easily get these sprouted green gram in the groceries....Can use that too..!
|Sprouted whole green gram||1 cup|
|Spring onion||1 small bunch|
|Capsicum,chopped finely||1 no. small|
|Onion,chopped finely||1 no. small|
|Cabbage,chopped finely||1 cup|
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
|Soya sauce||3/4 tsp|
|Pepper powder(white or black)||1/2 –3/4 tsp|
|Olive oil||2 tblsp|
|Green chilli||2 nos.|
|Ginger,finely chopped||1 tsp|
- Soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Cook and cool down the rice and keep aside.
- Cut onion and also the white part of spring onion,cabbage,capsicum finely and cut the green part of the spring onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Grind ginger and green chilies into coarse paste.
- Heat a broad kadai with oil and first add the ginger-chillie paste.
- After a minute,add sugar,onion,capsicum,cabbage and lastly the green gram sprouts one by one in order,frying each for a minute.
- Lastly add spring onion,salt,white pepper powder,soya sauce and lastly cooled rice.
- Stir well till the rice gets heated.
- Serve hot with any kind of korma or sauce of your choice!!!