This rasam is very easy to prepare and yet tastes and smells great!! We can take this with rice or can serve hot hot as a starter!!This will induce hunger as it has ginger and pepper in it!!
|Thoor dal cooked||1/2 cup|
|Ginger||1 inch piece grushed|
|Lime juice||1 tblsp|
|pepper||1 tsp crushed|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Ghee||1 1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1 tblsp for garnishing|
|Thoor dal and lime||Crushed ginger,pepper,curry,tomato and chilli|
- Heat a kadai with ghee and add the tempering items,one by one..Mustard,jeera,asafetida,curry and green chillies and half of the crushed ginger ...
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute and add 2 cups water with salt,turmeric and bring to boil.
- Add the remaining crushed ginger,pepper and boil till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the cooked thoor dal and bring to boil.
- When it boils well,switch off the stove and add the lime juice and coriander leaves and cover immediately.
- This rasam should not be reheated or boild after lime juice have been added,as it may give a bitter taste.
- Serve hot as a starter or with rice and pappad!!
This is off to Sunita's Monthly blog eventThink Spice...Think ginger.