I know potato curry everybody knows how to make....but this is microwave version!!
- Potatoes -- 3 nos.
- Onion -- 1 big sized
- curry/red chillie powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain/omam/basil seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 tblsp
- Wash and prick the potatoes in 3,4 places and cook in microwave high for 3 minutes...just like how dear Nupur,one of our blogger friend have told.
- I used the stand shown below in picture,which is specific for cooking potatoes in Microwave oven.
- To ensure even cooking,try to change the position of the potatoes..in between cooking...say after 2 minutes,change the position and again cook for a minute.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes,2 minutes standing time is a must..
- Peel off the skin and cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a microwave safe cooking bowl/vessel,add the oil and ajwain/omam ,mix well and keep in microwave high for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions,mix well and again cook for 3 minutes in high.
- Add the spice powders,chopped coriander and salt and mix well and again cook in high for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked potato to it and mix well by sprinkling a very little water,to coat the potato with the spice powder and salt.
- Cook in high for 4 minutes.In the middle of cooking stir and continue again.
- Well thats all !! your potato curry is ready to serve as an accompaniment for rice!!
And thanks to her for organizing such an useful event...so that we can make use of microwave oven in our day to day life for cooking!!!