Wednesday, October 31, 2007
- And lastly I made my mind to send this one below to J & B's Click - show your noodles event...Hope you all like this one...!!
Please dont skip my other post today Gobi paratha ....
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Gobi paratha recipe-There are so many ways to make this gobi paratha ....Different people do in different ways...Even you all people know how to make this, still as a beginner, I made it this way.
Gobi Paratha is my brother’s favourite dish...he requested to post this last week itself..but since I haven't tried this before,so I first asked my north Indian friend, Sangeeta and did it today...So here you go my dear brother... : )
Or the authentic way of rolling (Updated)
- Roll a small mandarin( orange) sized ball of dough into thick circle. Fill the prepared stuff inside, say 2 tblsp. Close it towards the centre as shown, pinch and flatten.
- Spread to a thick paratha with generous dusting (I use maida for dusting) and cook it both sides on a hot tawa over medium flame. Press gently while cooking to get it done evenly browned.
Serve hot with any kind of raitha (boondi raita) or simply with pickle!
Friday, October 26, 2007
We get this baby corn golden fries in anandha bavan restaurant here in Singapore with this name...:)) Also we get it in hot chips restaurant, tastes great! This is nothing but our usual Baby corn Bajji. But I think in restaurants, the flour is different and also they add Ginger garlic paste … But I make it simple like this. Aj’s favourite snack…
Thursday, October 25, 2007
I learnt paal kesari only after marriage after my MIL made this. Till then I used to hate sweets and wont eat much sweets. But I was surprised myself when I wanted to eat more ‘n’ more when she gave me some… That time I was pregnant… May be that’s the reason. After that my whole taste and cravings were different from before. My hubby always likes milk Kesari over the ordinary Kesari…So here’s the recipe of Kesari using milk.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
This recipe is easy to prepare and healthier too..To sprout the green gram,soak it for some 10 hours and then drain it in a pure muslin cloth,tie it and keep it hanged for a day.Sprinkle a little water in between and you can get sprouts for this rice!
Now a days we can easily get these sprouted green gram in the groceries....Can use that too..!
|Sprouted whole green gram||1 cup|
|Spring onion||1 small bunch|
|Capsicum,chopped finely||1 no. small|
|Onion,chopped finely||1 no. small|
|Cabbage,chopped finely||1 cup|
|Basmati rice||1 cup|
|Soya sauce||3/4 tsp|
|Pepper powder(white or black)||1/2 –3/4 tsp|
|Olive oil||2 tblsp|
|Green chilli||2 nos.|
|Ginger,finely chopped||1 tsp|
- Soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Cook and cool down the rice and keep aside.
- Cut onion and also the white part of spring onion,cabbage,capsicum finely and cut the green part of the spring onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Grind ginger and green chilies into coarse paste.
- Heat a broad kadai with oil and first add the ginger-chillie paste.
- After a minute,add sugar,onion,capsicum,cabbage and lastly the green gram sprouts one by one in order,frying each for a minute.
- Lastly add spring onion,salt,white pepper powder,soya sauce and lastly cooled rice.
- Stir well till the rice gets heated.
- Serve hot with any kind of korma or sauce of your choice!!!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Brinjal gothsu is a traditional side dish made for idli / dosa, with brinjal, small onion, coriander seeds as main ingredients. This brinjal gothsu recipe,I learnt from my MIL, she is from Chidambaram and they make it this way. Vj like this coz brinjal is in ground form in this even though he hate brinjal. This is very famous among our relative and everyone appreciates my MIL. She makes this very often, so she makes it yummiest than anyone. I initially struggled to get the balance, but now, I can proudly say I too can make very similar to her. There's a lot of texture and flavour in this gothsu. The coarse ground brinjal, (shallots/ chinna vengayam) - without small onions, we never make this, lots of urad dal and chana dal and the roasted coriander seeds powder added towards end is the highlight! All you need is this thick, dark and textured gothsu and fluffy soft idli :)
For idli recipe click here
How to make chidambaram brinjal gothsu full video
Enjoy with hot idli! Idli recipe click here