(Scroll down for stove top method)
I learnt this microwave method from my mother-in-law..After I knew this method in Microwave oven, I am now making in microwave oven only!
I know this recipe is known to everybody,still here is my version in microwave oven!
|Wheat rawa||1 cup|
|Carrot,chopped finely||2 tblsp|
|Frozen peas||4 tblsp|
|Tomato(optional)||1 tblsp chopped|
|capsicum(optional)||1 tblsp chopped|
|Green chilli||3-4 nos|
|Coriander leaves||1 tblsp|
|Curry leaves||A sprig|
|Water||2 &1/2 to 3 cups|
|Oil||to roast rawa|
|Urad dal||3/4 tsp|
|Channa dal||3/4 tsp|
I am sending this for Srivalli's MEC:Tiffin . I am flying to Chennai next weekend for 2 weeks,there in Chennai my MIL have Microwave safe Idly cooker.With that,if I find time I will post another recipe for this event...Stuffed Idiyappam. Hope I find time to share the recipe with you all!
GODUMAI RAVA UPMA | STOVE TOP METHOD (RECIPE UPDATED)
The ingredients and quantity are same,I am just giving the stove top method ..
- Fry the rava in medium flame for 2 minutes iwth a tsp of oil. This is optional,I now a days dont roast,still love the aroma.
- Heat the kadai/pan with oil and temper with mustard,urad dal,channa dal. Add the curry leaves,followed by slit green chillies and chopped onion and fry till onion just turns transparent.
- Add the veggies and fry for two minutes in medium low falme. Add water(I add 3 cups of water for 1 cup of wheat rava in stove top method). Bring to boil.
- After it boils nicely,add the wheat rawa little by little in a sprinkled way. Stir well.
- Add salt(I add 1 and 1/8 tsp,adjust according to ur taste) and let it boil in high flame until the water content reduces and the mixture turns like porridge consistency.
- Now simmer the flame to low and cook covered for 6-8 minutes or till all the water disappears and you get a soft upma. You can add a tsp of coconut oil at end for a unique flavour!