Hello everybody! How are you all doing? I am back after my break.Here is my way of doing gongura thugayal,I took from Kumudam magazine long time before and we just love this thugayal very much!
|Gongura leaves||3/4 cup (After saute)|
|Coriander seeds||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 tsp|
|Jaggery||for taste a little|
|Salt and oil||As needed|
- Heat a kadai and fry mustard,fenugreek,dry coriander,red chilies and then green chilies one by one and keep aside.
- Wash and fry the gongura leaves till it becomes soft and changes its colour to brown.
- Chop onions into chunks and fry it too and keep a side.
- Grind every thing above with salt,jaggery to make the thogaiyal and need not add any water.
- Lastly season with a teaspoon of oil with mustard,asafetida and well crushed garlic (garlic should turn golden brown) and mix well.
- Tangy,spicy thogaiyal is ready! This can be kept in fridge for two days...Tastes great with steamed rice!