My mother used to make this kozhukattai on the day of her monthly fasting on "Sankadahara sathurthi". This will be tasting like how we make on Ganesh sathurthi,but this is much simpler than that one!
|Rice flour||1 cup|
|Urad dhal||1/2 cup|
|Green chillies||4 nos.|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Soak urad dhal for an hour and grind green chillies ,coconut first and then add asafetida and urad dal to it. Use inch/juice button in the mixer to grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel with 2 tsp of oil and add the tadka items and pour water to it.
- When the water starts boiling,add the ground paste and bring to boil.
- Add salt and rice flour and stir well.
- Stir till you get a dough consistency,by this time the rice flour should have got cooked.
- The dough will not be so sticky after it cools down.
- Grease the idly plate and your hands with oil and make round patties ( kozhukattais ), arrange them and steam cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Your tasty,healthy kozhukattai is ready! We enjoyed with coconut thogaiyal and sambhar!
So here goes this dish to Mansi for WBB#20!