Brinjal pepper kuzhambu is one of the best recipes I learnt from my mom. This is my bro’s favourite recipe too! If my mom makes this, she wont be left with any gravy in the bowl for herself, poor her! We eat twice and empty the bowl!! That much flavourful and a spicy treat! Do try it yourself to taste this gravy, it is quite different from the usual pepper kuzhambu recipes you find everywhere!
|Tamarind||Small gooseberry sized|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
To roast and grind:
|Channa dhal||2 tblsp|
|Urad dhal||1 tsp|
|Pepper||1/2 tblsp(adjust as per...)|
|Red chilli||2-3 nos.|
|Coconut||2- 4 tblsp|
|Urad dhal||1/2 tsp|
|Channa dhal||1/2 tsp|
- Soak tamarind in hot water and extract the tamarind juice and keep aside.
- Brinjal should be cut as shown and keep it immersed in water.
- Roast all the ingredients under the roast and grind table ,in a hot kadai ,one by one till nice aroma rises.
- Grind to a coarse powder.
- In the same kadai add the oil and fry brinjal till it turns its color as shown in the picture.Keep it aside.
- Add a tsp of oil/ghee and add the tempering items followed by curry leaves.
- Add the tamarind extract and required water ,salt and bring it to boil and then add the fried brinjal.
- Boil till the brinjal gets cooked and lastly add the ground powder slowly and stir well.
- Boil till thick and have it hot with rice and ghee on top of it!
- You can adjust the coconut amount. The more you add, it becomes flavourful, the less you add, it becomes spicy!
Technorati Tags: Brinjal pepper kuzhambu recipe,brinjal recipes,pepper kuzhambu recipe,how to make pepper kuzhambu,Indian brinjal recipes