This can be called as coriander leaves powder and you can make this and keep in fridge and use it for 15-20 days.Its very yummy and delicious! Hope you all too like this!
|Coriander leaves||1 big bunch|
|Urad dal||1/3 cup|
|Tamarind||1 small gooseberry sized|
- Wash coriander leaves and spread it in a news paper or kitchen towel to absorb the water in it.
- Remove the thick stems if you dont want,thin stems can be there.
- Roast urad dal,redchillies and asafetida together till urad dal turns golden brown.
- Cool down and first grind redchillies,tamarind,salt,asafetida into a coarse powder.
- Then add coriander leaves and give a few runs to grind little.
- 6.Lastly add the roast urad dal and grind to a coarse powder,taking care to not to grind into fine powder.
7. The urad dal should be seen as shown below in the picture.
Transfer to an air tight container and keep it in fridge.This thokku,we can take with rice by mixing this with sesame oil,or we can even have this as a side dish for Idly,Dosas!
- I am happy to send this to Herb Mania : Coriander/Cilantro event hosted by Our Siri of Siri's Corner.The event originally started by Dee of Ammalu's Kitchen!