This kootu is not avial and tastes different from that.This is a nice accompaniment for rice.!
|Mixed vegetables-cut into 1 inch pieces-carrot,beans,potato,green peas,cauliflower||each 1/2 cup|
|Small onion||2-3 nos|
|Rice flour||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Coconut oil||2 tsp|
- Boil the vegetables with salt and a pinch of sugar,just till cooked...don't over cook i.e; not too soft and without changing the colour of the veggies.
- Mean while,grind the coconut with little water,to a smooth paste.
- Then add green chillies,onions,jeera and rice flour to it and grind coarsely.
- Add this ground paste to the cooked veggies,mix well and simmer for 3-5 minutes till kootu consistency is reached.
- Remove from fire and lastly temper with the ingredients under "for tempering " table, and mix well.
- Serve as an accompaniment for rice.....
- Don't boil the veggies with too much of water. Also donot over cook the veggies.
- Using small onion is preferred.
- Veggies can be of your choice...