|Basmati rice||1 cup|
|Coconut milk(thin)||2 cups|
|Turmeric powder||as needed|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|Cloves||2 or 3|
|coriander leaves||1/2 bunch|
|Ginger||1/4 inch piece|
|Grated coconut(optional)||2 tblsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/4 tsp|
- Soak rice for at least 1/2 hour before preparing any rice dishes like this. The more you soak, the more soft the gains will be and you can use less water ratio for cooking it.
- Cut onion to length wise and cut baby corn into bite size pieces. Pressure upto 3 whistles. If you slice them thinly into circles or diagonally, then no need to pressure cook.
- Grind all the ingredients under "to grind" table to a smooth paste with less water.
- If you are cooking direct in pressure cooker,heat ghee/oil in the cooker and add the whole spices-bay leaf,cinnamon,elachi and cloves.Then add the onions,fry till pinkish,then add the baby corn,ground masala and fry till raw smell disappears.Add the soaked rice and fry for a minute.
- Then add coconut milk( I used ready-made coconut milk) and bring it to boil.(Coconut milk should not be too thick or too thin,if its thick then dilute to adjust it to make 2 cups- you can reduce the water quantity to 1 & 1/2 cups.). Addsalt and mix well and cook covered in lowest flame,without pressure regulator for 8-10 minutes.
- Now pulav is ready and serve hot with onion raita or raita of your choice!
I am sending this pulav to my dear friend Srivalli of cooking for all seasons ,for the event Rice Mela!