This recipe is in my hand written cookbook,which I had written before my marriage.So I don't know the source of this recipe...but It comes out really nice. While you cook this, your family and even neighbours will ask you what you are cooking! That much flavourful, spicy kurma recipe.
|Cauliflower||1 big flower|
|Green Peas(I used Frozen)||1/4 cup|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 teaspoon|
|Oil||3 tblsp/as needed|
|Fried gram dal or Peanuts||1 tblsp|
|cinnamon||1/2 inch piece|
|Green chillies||3 nos.|
|Red chillies||3 nos.|
|Dry coriander seeds||1 tsp|
- Cut onion lengthwise and finely chop tomatoes.
- Grind all the ingredients under "to Grind" table,to a smooth paste and keep a side.
- Split cauliflower into required sized pieces and boil it with green peas in salt,turmeric added water,till 3/4th done and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil and fry onions to golden brown and then add chopped tomatoes and salt.
- After the tomatoes get mushy, add the ground paste and fry in a low flame, till oil leaves the sides of the pan and raw smell disappears.
- Add cauliflower and cooked green peas and fry for a minute .
- Add required water and bring it to boil and cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes.