From this day I will be posting some of the recipes from my friend sangeeta. We both are friends for more than two years and I will be then and there visiting her place and have enjoyed her cooking....!!! And I am very happy to bring you her version of recipes to you all....
My version is Instant rava dosa adapted from Prema's cook book,and hers is a very authentic ,different way,her mother-in-law used to do for years!!
Other than this recipe,she will be mostly bringing you north Indian and authentic Sindhi recipes with us all!! (And to make this special I will be posting her recipes in a different font from mine...).Hope you all will give equal support as you give to mines...
Rava dosa ( Soaking version) :
Pictures and recipe From : Sangeeta's Kitchen
1. Soak maida, rava and rice flour along with jeera, greenchillies and curry leaves for 6 -7 hours. The water level should be above the mixture.
2. At the time when you are going to prepare dosas, season with mustard and pepper and add it to the dosa batter along with salt,onion,curry leaves and coriander and mix .
3. Add a handful for rava to the batter and water , to make it to pouring consistency(thin).
4. Heat tawa spread oil , pour the batter in the outer in to a circle, so that it spreads in the inner sides.
5.Add oil over it and turn it the other side. wait till it gets crispy.
6. Enjoy with potato Masala and chutney.
Rava dosa (Instant version):
Mine is a fata - fat version,if you feel like eating rava dosa,this comes handy, and taste wise no compromise also!!
The differences between the two are the soaking part and the ratio of the ingredients....
But as both I have tasted,they are equally good...:)
I always use little ghee for making rava dosa,as it gives a restaurant kinda flavour!!! And I don't flip the dosa,as it gets cooked easily.
You can find the recipe,exactly here.
One more angle of dosa!