This agathi leaves is very good for health and this saaru especially, will cure mouth and tongue ulcers and good for your stomach. Coconut milk and jeera adds more goodness! I dono exactly what's the English name,so if anybody knows,share it,you are most welcome!
|Agathi leaves||1 (tightly packed) cup|
|Coconut grated||1/2 cup|
|Shallots/small onions||10 nos.|
|Jeera/Cumin seeds||1/2 tblsp|
|Water or arisi mandi/ kazhani||3 1/2 cups (or as needed)|
- Separate the agathi leaves from the stem and wash and keep aside.
- Slice onions into circles and crush jeera and keep aside.
- Grind coconut with little warm water and extract the milk.Using warm water while grinding coconut ensures we get easily milk from the coconut.
- Boil water with salt,add onions, jeera ,followed by the agathi leaves with a pinch of sugar.
- Let it cook in medium flame.
- Keep in low flame and boil uncovered till the leaves get cooked.
- Put off the flame and add the coconut milk and mix well and transfer to the serving bowl.
- You can have this as a soup or mix with rice and eat.The consistency should be very thin like a rasam.
- You can adjust agathi leaves and water accordingly.