This ladies finger/ bhindi/ okra/vendaikai fries, comes out very crispy,this is very easy and goes well as an accompaniment for rice and even we can eat as a snack! Ingredients and preparation is very simple!
- Clean the ladies finger with water and pat dry with kitchen towel,so that there's no water. Cut it into thin circles as shown below.
- Add all the other ingredients,except oil.
- Mix it thoroughly.If needed, sprinkle very little water,only say 1 tblsp.
- Heat oil and add like sprinkling the mixture and fry in a medium flame.Turn in between to ensure even cooking.
- My mom in law adds a tsp or 2 tsps of curd instead of water for binding the flour. It gives even more crispier fries.
- If you are not adding enough water to bind the flour to the ladies finger, the fries will come out so white and wont turn golden while frying and it spoils the oil(the flour).
- Adding more water also will turn the fries chewy. Do not add corn flour more too than mentioned.
The ladies finger gets cooked with a sound in oil and when the sound ceases,and becomes light and crispy drain the fries to kitchen towel.