Only two days for the New Year to come,and at this point I am very happy to announce you that I am hosting an event for the first time in my blog and the credit goes to Srivalli of Cooking4allseasons!! Yes! For the next fresh month January of the very new year 2009,I am going to host the event of Microwave Easy cooking, fondly referred as MEC.So far,this event has been very useful and a hit among the bloggers...thanks to Srivalli,for bringing up a nice theme:)Hope you all will send me entries that will overflow my mail box!
And the Theme is MEC: Paneer.....
To participate in this event, please make sure of the below points:
1. Cook any dish in Microwave using Paneer. It can be a starter, Main Course, Side dish or Sweets/Dessert.
2. Link back to this post and MEC: Announcement.
3.Kindly use the attached Logo.
4.Send in your entries with MEC:Paneer as subject line,to email@example.com with the below details:
Last date for sending in your entries is Jan 31st.
Round-up of the event will be posted on February 1st week.
You can send as many entries as you want,and if you already have a dish in your blog which satisfies the needs of the event,you can send that also,but kindly repost it in your blog for the event!
5.Non blogger's entries also are welcome! Send your recipe and picture of the dish to the given mail ID...
"Now A Recipe from my friend Sangeeta!
Channa and Batura
|Channa||1/4 kg or less|
|onions||2 finely chopped|
|potato||1 big boiled,mashed|
|Dhania powder||2 tsp|
|Red chillies powder||1 tsp(accordingly as u are adding green chillies with tomatoes)|
|Garma masala||1 tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
|Coriander||Less than quarter bunch|
1. Soak Channa overnight.
2. Boil channa in cooker adding Little salt until soft.
3. In a pan add oil,fry bay leaf,add the onions,fry till light brown
4.Now add the mashed potato and mix well.
5. Add the tomato mixture and the masala powders. Mix till it leaves oil.
6. Add the boiled channa. mix well
7. Add water (u can also add the water in which we boiled channa) according to the consistency required
8. Boil the channa for 10 mints in low flame.
9.Serve with batura.
Maida - 2 cups
Wheat flour - 1 hand
Curd - 2 tbsp
Salt,water - As needed
- Knead the dough
- Roll into desired size,bit thicker than our normal pooris and fry the baturas.
- Serve with channa masala!
I am not able to post my recipes this month and missed some of your posts also,kindly bear with me for another 2 weeks,I will be back as usual!!!
WISHING ALL MY FELLOW BLOGGERS AND READERS A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!