Tomato kadhi is known as curry chawara, is a main dish for sindhi's. We have a function before the wedding day and is called as curry chawara ( as the food should not contain onions and garlic)
The menu goes like this curry, chawara (rice) aloo took, lotus stem subzi and sweets like mohantal and sweet boondi is served.
|Ripe red tomatoes||5|
|Besan/Gram flour||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Veggies||Lady finger8 to 10 nos.,slit in between |
cluster beans - 15
Drumstick - 10 nos
Radish 1 small one (optional)
|turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|red chillie powder||- 1 tsp (according to ur taste, bcos we have added green chillies also)|
|fengreek seeds||- 1/2 tsp|
|green chillies||2 or 3 chopped|
|curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|oil||3 to 4 tbsp|
1. Boil the tomatoes for 10 mints till soft, peel the skin make to puree.
2. Heat oil do the seasoning, add besan now and keep stirring it till the besan changes the colour to brown (careful in not letting it to burn). add red chillie powder stir once and add liltte water.
3. Now add the tomato puree, salt, tumeric.
4 Keep stirring it till the tamato leaves oil, add the veggies (lady's finger has been fried in oil separately and added)
5. Add 3 glass of water and tamarind.
6 Boil in very low flame for atleast 20 - 25 minutes till all the veggies get soft, and oil floats on top.
7. Ready to serve goes very well with rice and aloo took.