Me and my hubby's favorite chutney,just love it. Usually when I make coriander chutney it used to come with a raw,green smell.Then I found the technique of sauteing the leaves a little,then I got it right! So here comes my version...
|Coconut scraping||3/4 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1 fistful (or as per ur taste)|
|Ginger||1 inch piece|
|Green chillies||5-7 nos.as per ur taste|
|Water||as required for grinding|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Clean and wash coriander leaves,remove mostly the thick stems and keep aside.
- Heat kadai and add the coriander leaves and saute in low flame only till the leaves gets reduced in volume and without changing the colour.( The leaves should be with water,or else the leaves will get browned and will give different smell).
- Add all the ingredients along with the sautéed leaves.First grind with out water and then add water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to the serving bowl and temper with the tempering items and mix well.
- Serve with hot Idlies or dosas!