I think its been long time since I posted my recipe in my blog,I cooked lots n lots,but dint had time to take photo and blog it here....That's because my in-laws were here along with another guest for past 20 days. Then came my son's 5th B' day,so I was busy in organizing that...That's why I am not able to do anything in my blog and missed some of your posts also! Here after I will be regular :)
|Yellow pumpkin||Skin removed,seeds removed and cubed,1 1/2 cup|
|Turmeric||little for color|
|red chillies||3 - 4 or according to your taste|
|small onions||4 nos.|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- First grind coconut and red chillies,then add water,jeera and onion,just grind for a moment to make it to a coarse paste and keep a side.
- Clean the pumpkin and keep a side.
- Heat kadai and add the tempering items one by one in hot oil.
- Add the cut pumpkin cubes and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric,salt and the ground coconut mixture and a little water and mix well.
- Close the kadai with a lid to make the pumpkin gets cooked.Keep the flame in low.
- Keep covered till the pumkin gets cooked.May take 4-5 minutes.Turn in between the mixture to enable even cooking.
- After the pumpkin gets cooked and water evaporates completely,cook in high flame till the coconut mixture turns to a golden brown colour.
- Serve as an accompaniment for rice....