Another recipe I learnt from my MIL..Similar to this one!!
|Double beans||1/2 cup|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Coconut oil||1 tsp (optional)|
|Coriander seeds||1/2 tblsp|
|Red chillies||3-4 nos.|
|Black pepper whole||1/2 tsp|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
- Soak the double beans overnight and pressure cook the next day,for 3-4 whistles.
- Cut onion length wise and keep aside.
- Grind the ingredients under the "To Grind" table,to a powder.
- Heat oil in kadai and add mustard,urad dal and then add curry leaves and onion,fry till onion turns out golden brown.
- Then add the cooked beans,salt and turmeric and fry in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground masala powder and add enough water to the beans to make a gravy.
- Mix well and cook in low flame,till the water completely evaporates.Keep turning in between to avoid burning.
- Fry till the masala turns golden brown.
- If desired add coconut oil at the end and transfer to the serving bowl and Serve as accompaniment for rice!