I was in a short unsaid break for a week and so could not update blog and missed some posts of yours too! That’s because my parents are here with me, and still we have a lots of things to share! Yesterday some how I managed to take pictures and post it!
My friend S who I always refer when I make,try something new dish is away,then too,I chased her in her mobile and took the recipe from her and tried,Dal Makhani.
So here’s how I made :
|Whole Urad dal(Muzhu Ulundhu)(with skin)||1/2 cup|
|Rajma||1 fist full|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|coriander powder||1 1/4 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1 tsp|
|Tomato||1 no. Big|
|Butter||As needed(1 tblsp)|
|Ginger,Garlic Finely chopped||1/2 tsp each|
|Cinnamon/Pattai||1 inch piece|
|Bay leaves/Briyani leaf||1|
|Butter||As needed(I used 1 tblsp)|
- Soak urad dal,rajma for minimum 6 hours and pressure cook till done,say 4-5 whistles,with enough water(water level should be above the dal).
- Drain and save the excess water and mash the dhal with laddle.
- Chop onion very finely,grind the tomato and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed vessel,add the To Temper table Ingredients.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add the onion and fry till transparent,add turmeric.
- Add the ground tomato paste and fry till oil separates.
- add the red chilli and coriander powder.(add more butter if desired)
- Now add the water drained from the dal and boil for 2-3 minutes,add garam masala powder.
- Add the mashed dal and mix well.
- add cream or milk if desired at this stage and adjust the consistency.(add butter if desired)
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes,stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Finally garnish with ginger strips and butter/cream and serve with roti/nan/rice.