This kuzhambu is very tasty and healthy,easy to make too!! Just like this kuzhambu,only ground curry leaves make the difference.
|Tamarind||1 small lemon sized|
|Curry leaves||1/2 cup,tightly packed|
|Sāmbhar powder||1 1/2 tblsp|
|Small onion/Shallots||5-7 nos.Finely chopped|
|Pepper powder||1/4 tsp|
|Gingely oil/cooking oil||2 tblsp|
|Fenugreek seeds/vendhayam||1/4 tsp|
|Urad dal/ulutham aruppu||1 tsp|
|Toor dal/Thuvaram paruppu||1 tsp|
- Wash curry leaves and grind it with little water to a smooth paste.
- Extract tamaring juice from tamarind.
- Heat kadai with oil and add all the tempering items in order and fry till golden colour.
- Add the finely chopped onion and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tamarind extract,ground curry leaves,turmeric,salt,sambhar powder(replace with red chilli and dhaniya powder if u dont have home made sambhar powder).
- Add enough water and boil till oil separates and floats on the top.Add jaggery and pepper powder lastly and give a boil.
- Mix with rice and ghee/sesame oil and enjoy!!Tastes best with Idly dosa also and will not get spoiled soon ,so ideal for travelling!!