Paruppu podi is made in few different ways, my version learnt from my mom and mom in law is made with toor dal (Thuvaram paruppu) with garlic, red chilli and pepper. It tastes and smells great. Its so simple to make,yet tasty than the store bought ones,so do try next time then tell me which one you like the best!!
|Toor dal/ thuvaram paruppu||1 cup|
|Black pepper whole||1 tsp|
|Salt, oil for roasting||as needed|
- Roast red chillies and toor dal till toor dal turns golden brown.
- Cool down and grind it with salt to coarse powder.
- Crush coarsely, pepper and garlic in a spice crusher.
- Add it to the mixer and use inch/juice option to mix it well in the podi/powder.
- The other option is add whole pepper and garlic flakes to in the beginning itself to skip 3rd and 4th steps.
- Store in an air tight container and use when needed.Mix in rice with sesame oil and enjoy!!