I remember,the first time when I ate Pav bhaji in my home town Salem,in a restaurant called Salem cafe.The very instant I fell in love with pav bhaji .I love the butter smell in both the Pav(Bread)and the Bhaji….But never knew I will make of my own! But if I knew this is so simple to make,I would have made this long time before and made very often…But its okay,better than be late than never right…?
When I saw in my sis in law’s blog,from that time I wanted to try,even my friend Sangeeta asked me to try and gave a pack of MTR Pav Bhaji Masala.I simply followed the recipe given in the back side of the pack..And it came out really very well…please do try and let me know if I am wrong!!
|Beans,carrot,green peas,cauliflower- all chopped||altogether 1 cup|
|Onion,chopped||1 no. big|
|Capsicum||1 medium sized|
|Tomato,Chopped||2 nos. medium sized|
|Green chilli,slit into 2||2 nos|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Red Chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Pav Bhaji masala MTR||2 tsp|
|Fresh lemon||As needed to squeeze on top|
|Pav/white bread/Buns||As needed|
|Onion and coriander leaves,chopped||As needed for garnishing.|
- Pressure cook the potatoes(peel the skin of potatoes and chop them just like other veggies) and other chopped veggies together with little water,upto 3 whistles in pressure cooker.
- Mash nicely with a potato masher and set aside.
- Heat a broad pan with butter,add onion and ginger garlic paste,fry till onion turns transparent and raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes off.
- Then add the capsicum and fry for a minute,then add tomatoes,salt,pav Bhaji masala and red chilli powder.
- Fry till tomatoes turns soft and mushy and then add all the veggies,stir well.
- Simmer for 5 min and mash with a ladle so that all the veggies get mixed well, add butter if desired.
- Bhaji is ready now!
- Veggies can be of your choice,u can add or reduce one or two….
- I used burger buns here,which was very nice substitute to the pav buns…
Garnish with finely chopped onion,coriander leaves and squeeze lemon as needed and spread the bhaji in between a well golden roasted buns/Pav/bread and enjoy hot!