I learnt this recipe from Vah chef’s video and tried this for first time, the outcome was very nice. I made one or two changes to suit my taste . The main draw back is,too much usage of oil!! Though I tried to use less than I saw in the video,deep frying the Bhendi is too much for me. One can just fry with less oil in kadai itself,but deep frying really made its stickiness Zero. Its your choice! Goes well with roties and variety rice too!
|Bhendi/ladies finger/vendaikai||20-25 nos|
|Onion||2 medium sized,chopped|
|Tomato||2 big sized,chopped|
|Capsicum||1 big sized,cubed|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Turmeric||1/ 4 tsp|
|Dhaniya powder/coriander powder||3 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala powder (optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Green chilies||2-4 nos.|
|Cashewnut||10- 12 nos..,grind to paste|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Curry leaves(optional)||A sprig|
|Coriander seeds (crushed coarsely)||1 tsp|
|Whole garam masala (optional)||As needed|
|Oil||3 tblsp (or as per ur wish)|
- Wash,clean the ladies fingers and pat dry and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Deep fry them in oil,if desired, or fry them with little oil in a kadai, without changing the green of the vegetable,but the stickiness should not be there.
- Heat a broad pan with oil,add the tempering items,followed by the crushed coriander seeds.
- Immediately add the onions and fry till just transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,with little salt to make it get soft faster.
- Add turmeric,garam masala ,red chili and coriander powders and mix well and fry till tomatoes gets mashed up.
- Add then add cashew nut paste and fry for a min till oil separates.
- Add the capsicum and fry in medium flame for a minute.
- Add the deep fried ladies fingers and salt if needed and sprinkle little water or as the way you want,if you want a gravy kind,add more water or milk and if you want semi dry,just sprinkle little water.
- Just cook for 2 minutes in medium flame and stir well and cook covered again for another 2 mins.
- And finally add more coriander leaves to garnish( I dint had sadly,so I dint add,dont search in the pics)!!.Serve hot to taste the best,with roties or with pulav of your choice!!