As I always make Suzhiyan for Diwali,the pooranam(stuffing) I always make a bit more than needed and keep refrigerated. After few days I make poli which is my hubby’s favorite. I am not an expert in rolling poli,but I have improved than before now! Thanks to Jugalbandhi,which have a good pictorial to learn the technique and have drool worthy and professional pictures as well :)
(Makes 5-6 medium poli)
|Maida / All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Luke warm milk||As needed|
Refer this post Suzhiyan for the preperation of the pooranam/stuffing.
- Mix oil and salt in the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add luke warm milk and make into a smooth dough just like our chapati dough and keep covered for 1 hr to 3 hrs.
- Make equal sized ball of dough and the pooran too.
- Roll the dough ball to a thick circle and place the pooran ball in the middle and cover it as shown in the picture.
- Dust with flour and roll carefully till the dough spreads and covers the pooran as a thin layer.
- Heat tawa and grease with ghee/oil and cook on both sides till golden brown spots appear on both sides of the poli.
- Top with butter if desired and enjoy hot.