One of my hubby’s favorite sweet,I make this now and then,so thought of posting here !
|Raw rice||1/2 cup|
|Paasi paruppu/payatham paruppu/Moong dal||1 tblsp|
|Sugar and rock sugar/sugar candy(kalkandu)||3/4 cup(together in equal ratio)|
|Ghee||5-6 tblsp or as per ur wish|
|Dried raisins ( I dint add)||1 tblsp|
|Cashew nut||5-8 nos.|
|salt||A generous pinch|
- Powder the kalkandu and sugar and keep aside.
- Fry paasi paruppu with a drizzle of ghee till nice aroma comes,in a pressure cooker directly.(You can skip this step as well)
- Wash rice and add it along with water,use 1:4 ratio(so I added 2 cups here).
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles and after done,mash it by adding milk.
- Keep again the cooker, over heat and add the powdered kalkandu&sugar.
- Keep stirring adding ghee in between,for 5-8 minutes in medium low heat.
- Add elachi lastly and fry the cashews and raisins in ghee and mix in to the pongal and serve hot!