PUDALANGAI KOOTU RECIPE
I had this kootu in my friend ‘B’ s place,she made this with her yummy tangy,spicy kaara kuzhambu so this one made an awesome combo with its mild and flavorful taste!
|Snake gourd/pudalangaai||2 nos.|
|Split chick peas/Kadalai paruppu/channa dal||1/4 cup|
|Split green gram/paasi paruppu/mung dal||2 tblsp|
|Rice flour||1/4 tsp|
|Green chilli||2-3 nos|
|Cumin seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Small onion/shallots||2 nos.|
|Oil(I used coconut oil)||1 tsp|
|Black gram/Ulutham paruppu||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||A sprig|
- Clean and cut the snake gourd to ur desired size cubes.I chopped little fine.
- Take both the dhals in a small pressure cooker and just add enough water to immerse the dal.Add turmeric and stir well. Add the chopped veggie over it (don’t stir)
- Pressure cook till 2-3 whistles in medium flame.(I kept in one of my pressure cooker container,along with rice..not directly.You can follow stove top method as well!)
- Grind the coconut,rice flour and green chillies first ,with little water and then add the cumin seeds and shallot lastly and grind coarsely.
- Open the pressure cooker after the pressure gets released by itself.Add the ground paste and salt and mix in well and bring to boil.
- After it boils,switch off the heat and temper it with the items given under the To temper table.
Serve as accompaniment with vatral kuzhambu or kaara kuzhambu… I tasted with roti,tasted good too :)
One sad news I dropped my camera down and my lens which I use for taking step wise picture is stuck…I have to take it to Nikon service centre and get it done,which will not happen in recent days. May take more than 2 weeks. Still I have another lens,so hope fully I will post some recipes but not sure about stepwise pictures! Even this was lying in my drafts as this is a simple and boooooring recipe
And since most of you all are going on break and holidays,I am wishing you all bloggers and my readers A HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wishing each and every one a Prosperous New year!!
Catch you all after New year!