This tastes similar to coconut thogaiyal,added with goodness of carrot! And needless to say,has got an awesome colour!
|Ulutham paruppu/urad dal||1 1/2 tblsp|
|Rechillies,long variety||5 nos|
|Tamarind||1 peanut sized|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Heat a frying pan with little oil,fry the urad dal and red chillies till golden brown.
- Fry the grated carrots till raw smell disappears.keep aside.
- Temper the items given under the To temper in a serving bowl.
- Grind all the items together along with tamarind and salt with required amount of water to a smooth chutney.
- Mix in the tempered items and serve with Idly or Dosai!