Cauliflower cooked in onion and tomato base,to a semi dry consistency. One of my kid’s favorite,I make once in every 10 days…! I make as accompaniment for sambhar and rice. Goes well with chapathis too…
|Cauliflower||1, medium sized|
|red chilly powder||1 tsp|
|sambar powder(optional)||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves chopped||2 tblsp|
|Cuminseeds and oil||1 tsp each for tempering.|
- Just boil water with salt and turmeric and soak the cauliflower florets cut in to bite size pieces for 3-5 minutes.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter cumin seeds and add finely chopped onion and fry till transparent.Add the coriander leaves while frying.
- Add the tomatoes chopped finely and add all the red chilly powder and sambar powder and salt to taste.
- Add cauliflower and mix well and sprinkle some 1/4 cup water and cook covered for 4-5 minutes in low flame.Mix in between to avoid burning.
- when the water dries up the cauliflower is cooked well. Add a tsp of ghee or butter at the end if u want…