An easy breezy recipe,can be made within 10 minutes,and a very flavourful one …especially when we have cold,pepper and garlic helps you to feel relieved,you can enjoy even having as a hot soup! I always make this now and then. I learnt from my mom,enjoyed this rasam right from my childhood!!
|Pepper||1 1/2 tblsp|
|Red chilli||1 no.|
|Tamarind||1 small goose berry sized|
|Salt||As per needed|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
- Soak tamarind and extract the tamarind juice,keep aside.
- Crush the pepper and red chilli(also can grind in mixer)coarsely.
- Add the garlic(with skin) and crush them roughly.
- Heat a kadai and the items under the ‘To Temper’ table,followed by the quarter part of the crushed pepper and garlic and fry a little.
- Add the tamarind extract and bring to boil,add the remaining crushed pepper and garlic and salt. mix well and switch off(don’t let boil for long time)
- Transfer to the serving bowl and close immediately with a lid.
- Serve hot with rice or enjoy as a soup.