One of the very few pickles I know to make at home! Tastes best with curd rice,also can enjoy with stuffed parathas. Recipe source,my mom-in-law :) So obviously my hubby’s favourite!
|Tomatoes||5 nos.,big sized|
|Red chilli powder||2 tsp|
|Sambhar powder||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Salt||2 1/4 tsp(adjust accordingly)|
|Jaggery||1 small piece|
To Roast and powder:
|fenugreek seeds/vendhayam||1 tsp|
|Sesame oil||5 tblsp|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
- Roast fenugreek seeds in a few drops of oil till golden brown.
- Cool down and powder it .
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them finely.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil and temper with mustard,add curry leaves and asafoetida and fry without burning.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and add all the powders and salt.
- Mix well and reduce the flame to medium low.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes , stirring in between to avoid burning.
- Add the jaggery and powdered fenugreek seeds powder and mix well.
- After few minutes(1-2 minutes),at a stage,oil starts oozing out.
- Switch off the stove and cool down.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate. Can be used for a month if handled properly.
- I enjoyed today with curd rice :)