TOPPED WITH BABY CORN,PANEER,ONION,TOMATO,CAPSICUM.
FLAVORED WITH GARAM MASALA AND TANDOORI MASALA POWDERS.After I tried pizza base at home,last month,this is the second attempt I made and its been successful too I must say. My face book friends might have seen my first attempt pizza picture, and I wanted to post it in my blog too. So here I have come up with a (semi) Indian flavoured pizza,I dint took much effort to make it more of Indianized version,still I tried to make it a bit spicy and Indian flavoured. So for the Indianizing part,what I added is paneer and baby corn as topping just we get in Chennai and I sprinkled garam masala and tandoori masala over the toppings… And the result is a yummy Pizza,which my kid enjoyed a lot as it had the paneer and the baby corn,his favourite and of course pizza his favourite,so its a double treat for him!
I just followed the base recipe and method of Raaga-The singing chef , the recipe is a keeper! Right from the salt,everything is perfect measurement!
And If I could make,any one can make it :) So don’t be afraid to try it out yourself !
Ingredients for the dough:
|All purpose flour/Maida||1& 1/2 cups|
|Active dry yeast*||1 tblsp|
|Olive oil||1/8 cup|
*Proof the yeast by dissolving it in warm milk and sugar mix and keep aside for 10 mins. The yeast should be dissolved. After 10 mins, the mix should turn frothy and have risen. This is called proofing the yeast. If its not frothy and risen, the yeast is not good and you need not proceed making as it will be smelly, result in uncooked, white even after cooking.
Topping what i have used:
|Pasta sauce(Have to use a pizza sauce spread,since I dont had,I used this)||1 1/2 tblsp|
|Baby corn||2 nos.slit length wise|
|Paneer cubes||6- 10 cubes|
|Tandoori masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Any kind of cheese(I used mozzarella and parmesan)||To cover the toppings.|
Method for Dough:
- Take a broad vessel,add oilive oil,sugar,salt and boil the water and add to it.Mix well to dissolve sugar and salt and then add the milk and yeast.
- Mix well to dissolve the yeast. If you are not confident about the yeast, I would suggest proofing as suggested below the ingredients table.
- Add the flour and gather to get a smooth dough. No need to knead so much.
- Keep covered with a wet cloth till an hour.
- After an hour it will be doubled in size.
- Again gather to make a smooth pliable dough,I dint fly the dough in air,just rolled using rolling pin (Adjust the thickness and roll out to a single base) and folded the ends as shown in the pictures.(You can prick the base with fork to make sure of getting cooked every where,but I forgot to do so,still mine got cooked fine)
To make it as a Pizza:
- Spread the sauce and sprinkle some cheese.(Optional to spread cheese at this stage)
- Arrange the toppings as desired and add the grated cheese to cover the toppings.
- Lastly to make it Indian,I sprinkled the masala powders.Drizzle with little olive oil on top.
- Grease a pizza pan,with olive oil and transfer the prepared pizza to it,I dont have any pan so I just lined my tray in the oven (combination oven,I used the convection mode to bake ) with aluminium foil to bake the pizza :)
- Preheat the oven for 210 degree Celsius and bake for 12- 15 mins..,till the base and the cheese turns golden brown.
- Cut the pizzas with pizza cutter/knife and make wedges and enjoy hot,spicy and yummy pizza :)
I have recently only started baking and enjoy baking a lot now,so even if you are a beginner or new to baking,please don’t hesitate to try this one,its very easy,easier than our day to day cooking ;)
I am sending this to Global Kadai,event started by Cilantro and this month hosted by Laavi, from Home cook’s recipes-one of my favorite blogs :)