TOPPED WITH BABY CORN,PANEER,ONION,TOMATO,CAPSICUM.
FLAVORED WITH GARAM MASALA AND TANDOORI MASALA POWDERS.After I tried pizza base at home,last month,this is the second attempt I made and its been successful too I must say. My face book friends might have seen my first attempt pizza picture, and I wanted to post it in my blog too. So here I have come up with a (semi) Indian flavoured pizza,I dint took much effort to make it more of Indianized version,still I tried to make it a bit spicy and Indian flavoured. So for the Indianizing part,what I added is paneer and baby corn as topping just we get in Chennai and I sprinkled garam masala and tandoori masala over the toppings… And the result is a yummy Pizza,which my kid enjoyed a lot as it had the paneer and the baby corn,his favourite and of course pizza his favourite,so its a double treat for him!
I just followed the base recipe and method of Raaga-The singing chef , the recipe is a keeper! Right from the salt,everything is perfect measurement!
And If I could make,any one can make it :) So don’t be afraid to try it out yourself !
Ingredients for the dough:
|All purpose flour/Maida||1& 1/2 cups|
|Active dry yeast||1 tblsp|
|Olive oil||1/8 cup|
Topping what i have used:
|Pasta sauce(Have to use a pizza sauce spread,since I dont had,I used this)||1 1/2 tblsp|
|Baby corn||2 nos.slit length wise|
|Paneer cubes||6- 10 cubes|
|Tandoori masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Any kind of cheese(I used mozzarella and parmesan)||To cover the toppings.|
Method for Dough:
- Take a broad vessel,add oilive oil,sugar,salt and boil the water and add to it.Mix well to dissolve sugar and salt and then add the milk and yeast.
- Mix well to dissolve the yeast.
- Add the flour and gather to get a smooth dough. No need to knead so much.
- Keep covered with a wet cloth till an hour.
- After an hour it will be doubled in size.
- Again gather to make a smooth pliable dough,I dint fly the dough in air,just rolled using rolling pin (Adjust the thickness and roll out to a single base) and folded the ends as shown in the pictures.(You can prick the base with fork to make sure of getting cooked every where,but I forgot to do so,still mine got cooked fine)
To make it as a Pizza:
- Spread the sauce and sprinkle some cheese.(Optional to spread cheese at this stage)
- Arrange the toppings as desired and add the grated cheese to cover the toppings.
- Lastly to make it Indian,I sprinkled the masala powders.Drizzle with little olive oil on top.
- Grease a pizza pan,with olive oil and transfer the prepared pizza to it,I dont have any pan so I just lined my tray in the oven (combination oven,I used the convection mode to bake ) with aluminium foil to bake the pizza :)
- Preheat the oven for 210 degree Celsius and bake for 12- 15 mins..,till the base and the cheese turns golden brown.
- Cut the pizzas with pizza cutter/knife and make wedges and enjoy hot,spicy and yummy pizza :)
I have recently only started baking and enjoy baking a lot now,so even if you are a beginner or new to baking,please don’t hesitate to try this one,its very easy,easier than our day to day cooking ;)
I am sending this to Global Kadai,event started by Cilantro and this month hosted by Laavi, from Home cook’s recipes-one of my favorite blogs :)