A Simple side dish for idly dosas,yet again….I was waiting for my camera to be fixed,for past two days…But realized that it would take more time than I expected,so again I took my mobile to click stepwise pictures to make a post! So here comes a easy to make Tomato kosthu/Tomato kothsu we make ,which goes well with the first day batter Idly. This kosthu is tangy so that it compliments well with the first day of idlies(which have a mild, not so tangy taste) made …
|Tomatoes,medium sized||2 nos,chopped|
|Onions||2 nos.,finely chopped|
|Green chillies||4 nos.,slit into two|
|Moong dal||1/4 cup ,cooked|
|Curry leaves||A sprig|
|Turmeric(optional)||A generous pinch|
|Coriander leaves||To garnish|
|Sugar||A generous pinch|
|Urad dal||1 tsp|
- Heat heavy bottomed pan and add oil and temper with mustard and Urad dal.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onion, along with green chillies .
- Fry for 2 minutes till the onion turns transparent and slight pink in colour.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,turmeric and salt.
- Fry till tomatoes become soft.Add 3/4 to 1 cup water.
- Boil for 4 minutes in medium high flame.
- Add the cooked mashed dal and boil for 2 minutes,Add water to adjust the desired consistency.
- Garnish with corander leaves and serve with Idly or dosa!
We usually top with sesame oil so try that too…!