I am trying this for the first time from a cook book I am having….I was searching for some quick and simple rice variety today late morning for my kid and this recipe sounded good for me,so I decided to make this and I made it in my way to suit our tastebuds.Simply love these variety rice….
|Rice ,I used Basmati||1 cup|
|Tomatoes.;Big sized||4 nos|
|Oil or Ghee||2 tblsp|
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Coriander leaves,chopped||1 & 1/2 Tblsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
To grind to smooth paste
|shallots/small onions||8 nos|
|Cinnamon||1 small piece(1/2 inch)|
|Cloves||1 or 2|
|Green chillies||4-6 nos|
|Urad dal/Ulutham paruppu||1/2 tsp|
|Channa dal/Kadala paruppu||1 tsp|
|Cashew nut (optional)||4-5 nos|
- Pressure cook rice and cool down to make sure that the rice grains are separate.I cooked rice in 1: 1 & 1/4 ratio with water ,upto 3 whistles.
- Chop tomato into finely and cut onions length wise.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil and add the tempering items given in order.Then add the onions and fry till transparent and add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and add enough salt that is required for the rice and cook in slow flame,till it becomes mushy. (6-8 min)
- Grind the ingredients under the To Grind table and add it to the cooking tomatoes and mix well(add oil or ghee now). Cook in low flame till you get a nice aroma.
- Mix this to the cooked cooled rice carefully and add the chopped coriander leaves and serve with raita or salad of your choice or any vegetable accompaniment.