Today I tried this vegetable puff from store bought frozen butter puff pastry sheets. It came out nice,was a perfect tea snack for my kid. He enjoyed this and wanted frequently.Diet conscious people,excuse me.Experiment with your choice of stuffing inside!
Ready-made puff pastry sheet 1 Mixed veggies,chopped 1 cup Onion 1 no.,small Tomato,chopped,deseeded 1 no.,medium Ginger garlic paste(optional) 1/2 tsp Seasoning- jeera or omam 1 tsp Red chilli powder/sambar powder 1 tsp Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp Oil/ ghee As needed Salt as needed for the veggies Coriander leaves,chopped 2-3 tblsp
- Pressure cook the veggies for 3 whistles with water just sprinkled over the veggies.
- Heat a non pan with a tsp of oil and splutter the seasoning,add onions and fry for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the boiled veggies and chopped de seeded tomatoes and add all the powders given in the table.
- Mix well and fry in low flame till all the masala blends well in the veggies. Lastly add the salt and mix well and cool down.
- Pre heat the oven in 220C
- Thaw and prepare the pastry sheets as per the instructions given in the cover.
- Cut into rectangles as shown in the picture.Keep 2 tblsps of filling in one side of the rectangle and fold and cover the stuffing.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it with oil and arrange the puffs.( I first arranged the cut pastry pieces and then stuffed, in the baking tray itself). Brush the puffs with oil or ghee.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden brown in colour.
- Brush again with oil or ghee if desired.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce/ketchup/chilli sauce.