This post is very special for me,coz this is the first cake recipe I am posting…. My mom,MIL(also my ancestors)have never baked anything,also they don’t even know the ABCs of baking. So for me to I am just blank about baking…Last year by this time,I have not even dreamt of baking a cake! But now I find baking very interesting and even easier than my day to day cooking ! I too was once thinking baking is something I cant even imagine,its a very difficult thing to try…. But now I got enough confidence to even encourage someone who is scared of baking like I was once ! But I should really thank Prathiba,for clearing all my silly doubts,regarding baking,when ever I asked her in the beginning!
I took the recipe from here,with few changes I tried and was keeping my fingers crossed until I had a bite from the cake. It was damn good!
My oven is a combination oven,which has three options- Convection/Microwave/grill. Basically I use the microwave option in everyday cooking. And the convection mode for baking cakes,cookies and pizzas…still I haven't used the grill option… I don’t even have the manual for this oven,some how just learnt the basics from online and managing to bake. Please feel free to write to me or leave comments,if you have any doubts regarding baking this cake, I will try my best of my knowledge to answer you what ever I know.
|All purpose flour/Maida||1 & 1/2 cups|
|Corn flour||3 tblsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking soda/sodium bi carb.||1/2 tsp|
|Condensed milk||1/2 cup|
|Soda water||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Tutty fruity||4 tblsp|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
Beat well until smooth(I blended in mixer using the whip/inch option.. ,I am not sure if its the right way to do,but sure worked for me!)
- Mix well maida,corn flour,baking powder baking soda and salt well,in a large bowl.
- I sift the flour to ensure even mixing.
- Soften the butter and beat it with sugar(I used fine grain sugar) in another bowl.
- Add the egg replacer,condensed milk and vanilla to the beaten butter & sugar and beat again till smooth. ( I used a hand whisker)
- Add this to the mixed flour and mix well.
- Add the soda water and mix well.(fold well,folding-mix with a spatula/laddle in a same pattern,preferably from bottom to top always)I am not a professional baker,just now started baking,so if please ignore if there is any silly mistakes in the terms I have used in the method.
- Eventually preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Lastly add the tutti fruity and mix well.
- Grease a baking tray with butter/oil(I used 6 inch round tray) and pour the mix in to the tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes(keep in centre of the oven) or until the cake is done, you can check by inserting a knife,if it comes out without sticking,clean then your cake is done!
- After done,cool down in a wire rack and slice it and enjoy!