The thing I like about “Fried rice” is the pepper flavour. My hubby also love that very much. This is my fried rice recipe I am loving,which I am hooked, after so many attempts. I prefer and recommend using olive oil,as it gives a nice flavour and better for health too..!
|Basmati/long grain rice||1 cup|
|Carrot||1 no., small|
|Capsicum||1 no., small|
|Spring onion||6-7 sprigs|
|Pepper||1 & 1/4 tsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tsp|
|Olive oil||3-4 tblsps|
- Soak basmati rice for an hour(optional) and cook rice : water 1 : 2 ratio. Cool and make the grains separate.
- Cut the veggies as long thin strips as shown in the picture. Chop the base white part of spring onion and the green part separately.
- Edited to Add: This is the way I julienned the carrots..Click to enlarge the picture.Hope it is clear to understand.
- Heat a broad pan and add the olive oil. First add the white part of the spring onion and then carrot,cabbage and capsicum,in order one by one,frying each for a minute. (add ajinomoto at this stage,if wanted)
- Lastly add the pepper and soya sauce and give it a stir.Add the spring onion green part and give it a stir. All the process has to be done in high flame.
- Transfer this to the cooled rice along with salt and mix well. Eat hot !!