Yay-yay-yay! I baked these biscuits for the first time and it came out very nice! My kiddo loves Jam biscuits a lot, I tried this especially for him and after tasting one he said ‘I love this’ !!.Now I can bake cookies confidently as this attempt turned out to be a success!
I saw this recipe at Divine taste blog ,when I was googling images for eggless cookies and got tempted and the recipe sounded pretty simple and I just went ahead and tried it,I dint changed anything,just blindly followed the recipe,as this is my first time,I dint want to take any risks. But I used ready made jam,while she has used her own home made jam.
|Maida/All purpose flour||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla custard powder||3/4 cup|
|Corn flour||4 tblsp|
|Powdered sugar||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tsp|
|Jam(any kind) I used mango||2 tblsps|
- Soften butter and beat it until frothy along with powdered sugar and the essence.
- Add the flours and curd.
- and make it into a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough in a flat surface using a rolling pin for about 5 mm thickness. You can see the image for reference,the biscuit wont rise much, so you can roll to the same thickness you want.
- Use cookie cutter of any shape and cut out the shapes. use the remaining dough and repeat the process.
- Arrange these biscuits in a baking tray lined properly(I used aluminium foil).
- I used the essence bottle’s lid for making a dent at the centre to fill the jam.Just a very very shallow dent.You can use your thumb too.
- I just melted(made it loose) the jam in a small pan.(take care not to heat it too much,just when it starts to get warm,remove from fire)
- Just fill a drop to cover the dent we have made in the biscuits..
- Pre- heat oven at 180degrees C and bake the biscuits for 12 – 15 minutes(mine took 15 minutes) or until done.
- After cool down store in airtight containers and enjoy the home made Jam biscuits!
I baked this biscuits once again and this time I got cookie presser moulds Here is a Picture of it …