I tried this recipe after I tasted this at my friend Sangeeta’s place, I loved it very much and asked her the recipe for it…I make this when ever I get bored of the paneer butter masala,this is sure a nice variation from the usual cashew gravy! I wanted to blog this for long time and here it is. I love this with roti or even mild spiced pulavs / rice…
The recipe where my friend sangeeta referred was My Dhabha mutter paneer masala.
|Paneer, cubed(frozen)||1 cup|
|Peas, frozen||3/4 cup|
|Green chillies||3 nos.|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dhaniya powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||For garnishing|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Oil / Ghee||2 tblsp|
|Jeera/cumin seeds||1 tsp|
- Heat a pan with oil and add the cinnamon,elachi,cloves,pepper and lastly jeera,after jeera splutters,add onion and fry till golden brown. Add the chilli,coriander and turmeric powder .
- Just give it a fry,take care not to burn it.Let it cool and grind it along with little water to a smooth paste.
- Microwave the peas for 2-3 minutes in high in a micorwave safe bowl. Stir in between for even cooking. Set aside.
- Boil water and add the frozen paneer,switch off the flame and keep covered till use. If you want you can shallow fry the paneer cubes until golden brown and again keep it immersed in hot water. Keeping immersed in hot water helps the paneer to stay soft. I usually dont fry the paneer,just add it to the boiling water and then add it to the gravy,which gives you a softer paneer. But this time I tried shallow frying.
- Again heat the oil in the pan and add the green chillies and the ginger garlic paste,fry for a minute,then add the ground paste. Fry for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and required salt. Fry till oil oozes out (4-5 minutes) in medium flame.
- Add the cooked peas. Add the well beaten curd and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and required water(1/2 cup), and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add the garam masala powder.
- Lastly garnish with the coriander leaves and add the lemon juice after you put off the stove. Mix well. Serve with roti or Naan.