I am trying this ribbon pakoda for the first time… Now a days my kiddo wants to munch something right after he come back from school, so inspite of giving him the store bought chips or some other junk food,I try to make some dry snacks and keep it for a week,he too enjoys all these home made snacks now a days ..
|Rice flour(or idiyappam flour)||2 cups|
|Gram flour/Kadala maavu||1/2 cup|
|Pepper powder(coarse)||3/4 tsp|
|Oil||2 – 3 tblsp|
|Asafoetida powder||1/2 tsp|
|Salt & water||As needed|
|Oil||For deep frying|
- Mix rice flour,gram flour,pepper powder,butter(softened),oil,asafoetida,salt well.
- Then add water little by little to make a stiff,non-sticky,dough.
- Apparently heat oil in a kadai.Fill the murukku press with the prepared dough, with the ribbon pakoda plate.
- Press the dough in hot oil in a circular way to form a single layer. Dont layer so much,just one layer to ensure even and quick cooking.
- When the bubbles reduces,flip the pakoda and cook again till the bubbles ceases and the ‘shhh’ sound reduces.
- Drain it in the paper towel,after cooled down store in airtight container to enjoy these crisp flavourful pakodas!
The flavour of this snack is more the next day,I loved the pepper flavour in it!