My hubby is not so foodie,he will eat whatever I cook,he has no expectations,obligations regarding food…When I ask him what do you want for dinner/lunch or anything specific you want-his answer will always be ‘as you like/as per your wish/anything is fine for me’. It will be once in a blue moon when he asks me something.
Most of the time it would be Kesari That blue moon came a month back,when he had this Mango Sago with his colleague in a food court near his office one evening. He told me he liked it very much and even managed to tell me the ingredients and the way to make. I was postponing as mango season just passed, but yesterday when I saw gundu mangoes in Fairprice, I took one,determining instantly to try that out and treat my man ;)
I google-d for the recipe for reference,still came out with a simpler way than else where…thats coz for my convenience and ease .Its an easy to make,mild sweet pudding/dessert,has to be served chilled…!
Mango Sago recipe (Mango sago pudding Recipe)Raks kitchen Continental Dessert Prep Time: 5 mins + 1 hr soaking time | Cook time: 5 mins | Serves: 2
Ingredients (serves 4-5 )
|Ripe mango||1 big sized(1 & 1/2 cup approx.)|
|Condensed milk||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||If needed 2-3 tsp|
- Soak sago for an hour. Wash it to remove excess starch before and after soaking process.I used the small ones,not too very small variety also,the next available size.
- Boil enough water first and add the soaked sago and cook until its soft and translucent.(5 minutes)
- Drain water in strainer and wash it under running tap water to wash out the excess starch.
- Chop the mangoes (no skin) and reserve finely chopped mango pieces(1/4 of a mango) for garnish.
- Blend rest of the mango pieces with condensed milk and milk,sugar if desired to a smooth paste.
- Add more milk if you want to change the consistency.Transfer to a bowl,add the cooked sago.
- Mix well and lastly top with the mango bits we reserved and chill in the refrigerator.
- The original recipe uses evaporated milk and sugar. I replaced with condensed milk.
- If you want you can add mango juice too in this.
- Adjust the sweet according to your taste and I used low fat milk and low fat condensed milk.