I have an endless love towards chat items… Right from my childhood days I love all the chat items… And after long time I tried this today,a real treat for my taste buds!! I referred vah chef for the puri recipe and Priya’s blog for sweet chutney.
|Dates(de seeded)||12-14 nos.|
|Tamarind||1 tblsp tightly packed|
|Red chilli powder||3/4 - 1 tsp|
|Chat masala||3/4 tsp|
|Jeera,roasted and powdered||1 tsp|
|Salt and water||As needed|
- Pressure cook the dates and tamarind with very little water upto 3 whistles.
- Cool down and extract a thick juice from tamarind,grind the dates in to smooth paste..
- Mix the tamarind extract,dates paste,jaggery,water and bring to boil.
- Add red chillie powder,chat masala .
- Add the roasted jeera powder lastly and give a boil.
- Let the chutney be thick like the tomato sauce in consistency.
PURI FOR SEV POORI | PANI POORI | DAHI POORI
(source Vah chef)
|Maida/all purpose flour||1 tsp|
|Warm water or Club soda water*(Storngly recommended)||As needed|
*Edited to add: I tried with soda water after seeing in few other sites,it is more easier and never fail method,so I recommend using soda water,if in case you dont have soda water, you can use warm water…
- Sprinkle warm water/Soda just enough needed and make a crumbly looking sooji as shown in the picture.
- Then add maida and knead well for 10 minutes and add a tsp of oil towards the end.
- The dough should be stiff and smooth,so better be careful while adding water and maida. (adding more maida or water will make the poori chewy).Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll in the dough on a clean counter top.Roll very very thin,it was bit hard for me,but still its possible. Cut into small rounds using a lid(I used my mini coffee filter’s lid)
- Prick with fork if you dont want the pooris to puff up.
- Heat oil and fry the pooris over medium flame till crisp.
- You can store in airtight container for a week.
For Making SEV POORI :
|Crispy Pooris||8-10 nos.|
|Potato||1 no.,boiled and cubed|
|Onion||1/2 ,finely chopped|
|Sweet chutney||2-3 tsp|
|Green chutney||2-3 tsp|
|Chopped Coriander||1 tblsp|
|Chat masala||1/2 tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
- Break the pooris in a plate and sprinkle all the ingredients one by one. I used lemon juice to mix it with onion.
- Enjoy a hearty,yummy,delicious SEV POORI !!!