An easy capsicum rice which my MIL had tried few times after learning it from a TV show. Its easy for me because,there is no grinding part,just make it like the mild pulav we usually make….I made this today as per her instructions and the taste is just awesome!
|Basmati rice||1 & 1/2 cups|
|Mixed vegetables,chopped||1 cup|
|Sambar powder |
(Replace with redchilli powder and coriander powder)
|Mint leaves (optional)||few|
|Oil + ghee||4 tbsp|
|Cinnamon||1 inch stick|
|Cumin seeds||2 tsp|
- Soak basmati rice for 10 mins. Cut the onions lengthwise and capsicum into cubes. Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat oil and ghee in the pressure cooker or heavy bottomed pan,temper with cinnamon and jeera.
- Add onion and fry till transparent,add tomatoes and fry till soft.
- Add the veggies along with green chillies,mint leaves and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the chopped capsicum,sambar powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the soaked rice and fry in a non stick pan with a tsp of ghee until the moisture evaporates.
- Mix the rice with the capsicum mixture and add water,salt and bring to boil. Pressure cook for three whistles in medium flame.
- Serve with any kind of raita and chips.