One fine day,when we had my hubby’s friend at home for lunch,he bought brownies from ‘Famous Amos’ for us. People wont believe me if I say that was the first time I ever tasted a brownie in my life!!. That’s because I have no love towards chocolate and chocolate cakes and all those dark brown stuffs…I just hate them to touch. But the instant I tasted those brownies,I fell in love with them and I crave for chocolate cakes and brownies now! Then when I was browsing through Sharmi’s Blog,I came through this post,and her intro to the cake –‘this tastes no less than a brownie’ and the looks of the cake pushed me to try,and I tried it in reference to the original recipe and came out super good! The good news is it has no butter and egg! So I was again waiting for the opportunity to bake this and blog here…I baked this for a bake sale for a good cause in my Kid’s school…This recipe is very popular,I think few of our blogger friends have tried this before and posted too! Still this cake is a must in my blog as I am a beginner in baking.. I must say about the texture,its super soft,spongy and moist..A must try,simple to do yet yummy cake.
Recipe source : Chow times –( I just halved the recipe)
Ingredients(makes 12 pieces as shown in picture)My cup holds 250ml.
|Plainflour/All purpose flour/Maida||1& 1/2 cups|
|Coco powder(I used Hershey's)||3 tblsp|
|Oil (I used sunflower oil)||1/4 cup|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||1 tblsp|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 tblsp|
1. Pre heat the oven to 180o C.Mix the plain flour,coco powder and baking soda and sieve them to ensure even mixing.Keep aside.
2. Mix water,sugar,salt and make sure the sugar gets dissolved and then add lemon juice/vineger,oil and vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Add the sifted flour and mix well.Grease a baking pan with oil and dust with some flour,then pour the batter to it. (the batter will be watery)
4. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Mine got baked at 35 minutes.
5. After done,cool down the cake for 10-15 minutes and then invert in a wire rack,let it get cooled completely and then cut into pieces.
6. When I tried inverting the cake immediately last time I had some broken pieces,so this time I waited for some time and then invered the cake in wire rack..Dont let it cool down for more than 15 minutes.
Cake is ready for the Bake sale!!I kept the pieces in the muffin liners and arranged it as below for the sale..
Technorati Tags: Eggless chocolate cake,baking for beginners